The former site of the Turkish Embassy and Rosenbaum Estate, Roslyn Park Hospital, opened its doors on September 7, 1946. Privately owned and operated by the director Louis S. Bardoly, M.D., the hospital boasted “75 beds”, “22 bassinets” and was equipped with “automatic elevators”. In the early 1960’s Roslyn Park Hospital became Long Island Doctors hospital.
Sunharbor Manor was constructed in the early 1970’s on the same location where Doctors Hospital once stood. Owner Gerald Osinoff built the facility with “90 private” and “88 semi private” rooms. His goal was to “enable each resident and patient to resume and maintain the activities of daily living, along with a strong emphasis on healthcare.”